Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Serena: Friends and Memories


The first photo:



I took this photo in residence in front of Bruff Commons on Tulane university. It's very special dog sculpture. I heard this story from my tutor. This is called Mardi Gras Bead Dogs. We can see many bead dogs around New Orleans recently. The dog sculpture is part of a public art and fundraiser launched by SPCA(called Paws on Parade). The Tulane bead dog was designed by students. I think this is good way to show native culture.



The second photo:


I took this photo on last saturday. Of course this was parade! This was my first time to see the parade. There are a lot of interesting people in the parade. They made-up with mask. They wore different costume. They performed and sent beads to the side of the road.There were small floats in the parade. The shape of floats were very special. I got some beads. That were definitely shining and nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment